Bart T., Boo M., Balabanova S., Fischer Y., Nicoloso G., Foeken L., Oudshoorn M., Passweg J., Tichelli A., Kindler V., Kurtzberg J., Price T., Regan D., Shpall E.J., Schwabe R. Impact of Selection of Cord Blood Units from the United States and Swiss Registries on the Cost of Banking Operations. Transfusion Medicine Hemotherapy 2013; 40:14–20.
Petz L., Redei I., Bryson Y., Regan D., et. al. Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation with Cord Blood for Cure of HIV Infections. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Volume 19, Issue 3 , Pages 393-397, March 2013.
Akel S., Lorenz J. and Regan D., Sterility testing of minimally manipulated cord blood products: validation of growth-based automated culture systems. Transfusion 2013; 53: 3251–3261.
Akel S., Regan D., Wall D., Petz L., McCullough J. Current thawing and infusion practice of cryopreserved cord blood: the impact on graft quality, recipient safety, and transplantation outcomes. Transfusion, 2014;54:2997-3009.
Petz L., Burnett, Haitang, Li H, li S., Tonai, Bakalinskaya, Shpall, Armitage, Kurtzberg, Regan, Clark, Querol, Gutman, Spellman, Gragert, Rossi. Progress toward curing HIV infection with hematopoietic cell transplantation. Stem Cells and Cloning: Advances and Applications 2015;8:109-116.
- Babic, Aleksandar M.; Regan, Donna M.; Umbilical Cord Blood Banking. In: Fung MK, Grossman BJ, Hillyer C, Westhoff CM, editors. AABB Technical Manual, 18th ed. Bethesda MD: AABB Press. 2014, p. 729-747.
- Salem Akel; Cell Banking; Process Development and Cell Preservation. Translation Regenerative Medicine, Anthony Atala and Julie Allickson (ED). Dec 2014. Chapter 3; P21-37. ISBN: 978-0-12-410396-2
- Christianna Henderson, D Regan, A Babic, S Akel; Evaluation of Cryopreservation of Umbilical Cord Blood Products within 48 Hours from Collection as a Conventional Practice for Cord Blood Banking. 12th Annual Cord Blood Symposium, San Francisco California, June 2014.
- Salem Akel, C Henderson, D Regan; Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell (HPC) Products Cryopreserved by Simple Passive Gradual Freezing Method. 12th Annual Cord Blood Symposium, San Francisco California, June 2014.
- Salem Akel, A Yost, BE Luther, AD Baustian, M Macke, D Regan; Evaluation of Transient Warming Events And The Impact On Potency Of Frozen Cord Blood Products. 13th Annual International Cord Blood Symposium, San Francisco California, June 2015.
- Ryan Emnett, A Kaul, V Geiler, D Regan, G Gross, A Babic, S Akel; Development and characterization of a novel GMP-compliant method for generation of mesenchymal stromal cells from the umbilical cord tissue. AABB Annual Meeting, Anaheim CA, October 2015.
Presentations – Regan
- Canadian Blood and Marrow Transplant Group Annual Conference, Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, April 2013. Advanced Cell Therapies: “The Road to cGMP”.
- Heart of America Association of Blood Banks, 2013 Fall Meeting, St. Louis Missouri, September 18, 2013. Power and Potential of Cord Blood.
- KSCLS-MoCLS-KC CLMA Patchwork of Knowledge Conference, Overland Park Kansas, April 16 2014.
- Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) Meeting, St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, April 16 2014.
- 12th Annual International Cord Blood Symposium, San Francisco California, June 2014. Cord Blood Unit Release Testing Criteria and the Impact on Transplant Outcome.
- 13th Annual International Cord Blood Symposium, San Francisco California, June 2015. Incorporating QUALITY into Cord Blood Units.
Presentations – Akel
- Cell Banking and Preservation Process Development. 2nd meeting Midwest Conference on Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, Kansas City MO. September 19-20, 2014.
- Salem Akel, PhD: The Case for Crossover of cord blood units. The 13th Annual International cord blood symposium (ICBS). June 11, 2015
- Salem Akel, PhD: Control of microbial contamination and assurance of safety of cord blood products. The 13th Annual International cord blood symposium (ICBS). June 11, 2015
- Understanding Cell Therapy Product In-Process Stability from Collection to Infusion. AABB. March 20 2013. J Davis-Sproul, Z Szczepiorkowski, D Regan, D McKenna.
- Salem Akel, PhD: Surviving FDA inspection: GMP and GTP consideration AABB cell therapy Audio-conference series 2014. August 20, 2014.
- Technical Topic Medley-How Cellular Therapy Facilities Handle Daily Occurrences and Quality Issues with the Available Resources; Working Collaboratively for Solutions. AABB. August 6, 2015 L Caballero, D Regan, J Davis Sproul, A Wilson, V Zost.